Come wine with is a platform for people, place and product to connect. We started in Feb 2012 with 6 people around my kitchen table. We are currently about 800 active members and also branching out to Johannesburg as well where we will be holding our second event there next month. Please see attached also a “About Come wine with us” which will give you a little bit of insight as to who and what we are in detail.
Come wine with us Khayelitsha in association with Nederburg wines is our first cultural exchange tour taking place on the 31 May as you know. The idea of this ‘train road trip” is to bring communities together in a very social form and way.
We have helped by substituting some of our own money towards tickets for 30 locals from Khayelitsha that is up and coming entrepreneurs/businesses/
Please see below a short synopsis of the day and the flow of it:
1. 10:00 train to leave Cape Town station. There will be a talk on the train telling people about the areas they will be travelling through towards Khayelitsha.
2. 11:00 – Everybody will then get off at the station and be transported with a taxi to Malibongwe restaurant. We planned a route here how the taxi will be driving. Khayelitcha travel which is a small new business will allocate someone in each taxi that will be chatting about Khailitcha and all the places that they will be driving past till we get to the restaurant.
3. When we arrive at the restaurant everyone will then get off. We got hold of 2 local acts that would be willing to do either some dancing and some singing just to welcome everyone. Then we sourced 5 people that would like to sell a few nice gifts and smalls on the day for local development (Price range R50 – R100 items)
4. Department of Coffees will then have a little stand there that we will organise where they will be giving each person a coffee and muffin and also sell their coffee beans and Tshirts.
5. 12:30 – We will be going inside the restaurant to be seated with 30 hand selected locals that my representative in Khailitcha has hand selected for us. The idea is to network through the event.
6. We will then introduce everyone and chat about the rundown of the day. Nederburg will then introduce their 56 Hundred Wine range consisting of a Chenin Blanc and Cabernet sauvignon. This will be a typical wine 101. Telling and education about wine.
7. After the wine maker has chatted we will then switch over to Ntsiki that will chat about the local food we have pared the wine with. This menu will be very traditional with a South African twist.
8. Then starter, main and dessert will be served and people will get a chance to mingle.
9. Social media plays a big part for us so we will be Tweeting and Facbooking on the day where we will put it up on the projector. I will have a videographer and photographer that will be documenting everything for us. Bloggers and media people will also be invited to the day that will be doing follow up articles.
10. Then when the day is done we will leave at about 14:30 to return to train station and then back to Cape Town at about 16:00.
Book your spot now!!! http://www.come-winewithus.com/